SPOILERS for To Tell You The Truth by Gilly MacMillan

 




Lucy's neighbors, Kate and Ben - the ones with young kids - were thieves and smugglers. Dan stumbled across their stash (in the bunker from Lucy's childhood) because their "associates"  were blocking the driveway. They killed Dan in an "unfortunate" fall. Ben took the fall so that Kate could stay with their kids. 

Sasha was "Mr. Eliza Grey" along with Dan. To "shake up" Lucy. Her suspicions of Dan gaslighting her were correct. 

The actual truth about what happened to Teddy was never really revealed. However, when Lucy was confronting Kate and Ben "Eliza" made an appearance that left me wondering if it was "Eliza" that killed Teddy. 

I would be curious to hear if others thought the same thing. 



Share your thoughts :

  1. I hated that we didn’t find out what happened with Teddy. I don’t think it was Lucy or Eliza though. “Eliza” told Lucy she was too small at the time to kill or move a body and I would agree with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the book and deeply disappointed that we didn't know the truth about Teddy. I thought "Eliza" may have done the killing until everything unravelled towards the end but I really wanted him to be alive
    Somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So disappointing in the ending too!! I wanted answers to what happened to Teddy. Although at the end when they were in the bunker and she was saying that she had already strangled one child and then the last few sentences of the book were the two of them saying how they loved eachother stories. That made me think that Eliza was just telling a story that they did not hurt Teddy. That she is actually the one the killed him to get rid of him.

    ReplyDelete