SPOILERS for My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing



Millicent was the twisted one. The husband found the victims, but he left it to his wife to dispose of them.  She actually killed more than he knew about and she was setting HIM up to take the fall.

He figured it out and after "being on the run" he returns home to confront her.  But the kids are there.  And Jenna kills her with the knife under her mattress.  But he covers for her and it is called self-defense.  He takes the kids and moves to Scotland.

The book ends with him at a bar, pretending to be deaf to pick up a woman.

That confused me, was the author implying that he was going to start killing again?  I would love to know what others thought!



CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL REVIEW

Share your thoughts :

  1. I thought the same, that he was going to go back to his old ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered too. I finished it last night and would love to hear the author’s take on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished today. The last line shocked me!! Surely he isn't planning on THAT again!!

      Delete
  3. We don't know if he was pretending to be deaf, only that he typed a message using the alternative name that he and Millicent had discussed using when he pretended to be deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that since he used the name Quentin, meaning 5, he was planning on another kill as this would be the 5th victim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think he's going on another killing spree because he said earlier that he went along with his wife's plans only because he thought it was sexy. Besides, I could tell that he helped his wife just to seek her approval and surprise her every now and then. I personally think he just liked the role playing part of being deaf and sleeping with strangers, thats why he decided to do it again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to agree with this. I don't think he would actually kill people by himself but maybe still wants to seek out the feeling of power a little bit

      Delete
  6. I want to know too!!!! It made me wonder if HE had somehow been manipulating Millicent the entire time, kind of how she manipulated him into thinking Holly was harming her ... I guess that is the real question! Whose idea was it to first start killing? I always thought it was weird HE never took park in them, supposedly... how could he get any enjoyment out of it if she was keeping all the details to herself?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ending was kinda scary,I really hope he is not planning to do anything bad,I mean he is always the one feeling guilty and disgusted when he thinks of what they do and the fact that he had always felt like he was unloved and disappointed make it seem like he just did it because he fears she will leave him and no one will love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I assume he was back to his old ways... both parents were evil. Poor Jenna and Rory. They may follow in their parents footsteps. Great ending!

    ReplyDelete