SPOILERS for Something In The Water by Catherine Steadman


Mark was trying to discourage Erin from finding a way to sell the diamonds because he had plans.  He was going to sell the thumb drive back to the bad guys without telling Erin.  In fact, he hired somebody to follow Erin to discourage her from pursuing the issue.  And when she didn't back down he had the thug beat her senseless.   Mark was going to take all of the money, leaving Erin and move to the states. 

Instead, Mark and the bad guy end up dead.  Upon the advice of one of Erin's documentary subjects, she buries the bodies.   Makes a few distressing calls to his phone and ends up walking away with all the money and nobody to share it with, except for Marks unborn child. 


Share your thoughts :

  1. So why does Steadman have Holli pop up at the last minute in a scene she writes in a melodramatic way??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think any of it made sense or was wrapped up properly

      Delete
  2. Will there be a sequel to this book? Seems like there should be more! Left me hanging for a better ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the couple who died scuba diving murdered? If so, why, because they knew nothing about the money, diamonds, and thumb drive. And what was on the thumb drive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished the book today. I feel as if the writer owes me so much! While I loved the idea, the plot, reading about the characters' relationship and of course, the setting Bora Bora,there are so many things left hanging in the air. I still don't understand why Mark decided to keep all the money to himself? I can speculate but the reasons I find are not supported by anything in the book. As if the writer after having written 200 pages decided that Mark's going to be the bad guy. And who's Patrick?! I hope that the film fills the plotholes and develops the characters a bit better. Otherwise, a nice debut novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as I was concerned, this was a story with no ending...so it makes me question whether I would invest time in any of her other books?!? Do they have a resolution or another ambiguous end of book?

    ReplyDelete