SPOILERS for The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy


First of all, Winnie is really Gwendolyn Ross, the former child star.  The "token" make of the group turns out to be Winnie's former boyfriend who went to prison for trying to protect her.

Nell ended up being the former intern who ended up involved with a married senator. She moved to England to escape the media and eventually reinvented herself before moving back to the states. 

Scarlett was one of those members of the group who stayed on the fringes but still knew everybody.  What nobody knew was that her baby, Joshua, actually died at birth. She kidnapped Midas as a replacement for Joshua.  She also killed one of Winnie's employees.  

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL REVIEW

Share your thoughts :

  1. SPOILER: I must have missed something when I was reading too fast because I'm totally lost at the ending. Can you give me your take on what it all meant? Obviously it revealed something about Winnie but I can't tell if it's just that she IS also dealing with a mental issue/disease...but it can't be that she had anything to do with Midas because it's obvious that Scarlett was the one who did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was confused to the ending implied to me Daniel was midas's father....the way they hold hands st the end implies intimacy.

      Delete
  2. No, Winnie wasn't dealing with a mental issue, Scarlett was dealing with serious PPD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I got that part, but I don't understand what the point was of the last page of the book. Just that she's still shook by what happened and that she's with Daniel??? Didn't know if I was not picking up on something bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am confused by the very last few pages. Who does Winnie think that woman (turns out to be Greta) is? In the second to last page- Winnie says "it's not her. It can't be"? Who is she referring to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the ending is kind of confusing I feel as though there’s a catch. Who is Greta?? Is she just another mom who joined the mothers group? Winnie thought that she was out to get Midas? Is she Scarlett or another bad person?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found it tedious in the fact that there’s a lot going on but it doesn’t seem to be related! I sat at the end and thought,”what”? Sorry I didn’t feel it was put together well at all. I read a book a week and would ever recommend this book.

    ReplyDelete