SPOILERS for An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen



Lydia ended up committing suicide.

The secret that Jessica found out that Lydia was keeping was "Subject 5" committed suicide after Lydia's insecurities about her husband's infidelity, but Lydia gave her the drugs to do it. And encouraged her to do it.  She was jealous because "Subject 5" had slept with her husband. 

CLICK HERE TO READ FULL REVIEW

Share your thoughts :

  1. This book was terrible. Lydia was crazy but that didn’t justify her death. There were so many holes in the plot. The authors didn’t seem to know the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist, except for the ability to prescribe medication, and by the way I don’t think you can just get 30 Vicodin - a controlled substance - without a confirming call to the doctors office). I guess the authors were trying to express something un spoken about Jess’ character by not having hee be very upset about the suicide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't agree that the book was, terrible.. But yeah, you can't get 30 vicodin as far as I know

      Delete
    2. Agreed. The book went on and on and on. Much like a train wreck, I made myself "face and finish the horror" only because I had invested so much of my time... I will never do that again.

      Delete
  2. I was also unsatisfied by the ending. I did like the book (I am okay with suspending disbelief when I have no idea about the subject, like make up... and psychology), but it felt like the ending wasn't a twist or surprise at all, everything sort of plodded along and led to that. We know April committed suicide and we're fairly certain it was Lydia's fault, so there's no twist, we just slowly find out how. I thought that a really cool ending would have been like... it was all Thomas! Or something to subvert the tense build-up.

    I did like how the chapters from Lydia's POV were dispassionate and never mentioned herself in the first person (Thomas was told, grapes were served, etc. instead of "I told him, I served grapes"). Like she was not associating herself with her own actions, which gave a nice and creepy vibe. The only odd surprise was the last line after Jess took all the money, that sort of had a cryptic feel to it, like Jess had become the master manipulator in Lydia's place. Which is a weird ending to a book that probably won't have a sequel.

    ReplyDelete