SPOILERS for Ghosted by Rosie Walsh


Wow!  So much to spoil with this one!

First of all, it was Sarah who killed Eddie's sister in a car accident all those years ago.  Through the whole book, I thought it was Hannah who died.  And then I thought it was Eddie who had killed Hannah.  I was shocked to find out how wrong I had it.   Eddie's sister was Hannah's best friend. And after the accident, Hannah refused to speak to her sister.  They have gone nearly 20 years without speaking to each other.

When Eddie and Sarah finally connected again it was so that she could tell him her side of the story from that day.  He listened to her, kissed her goodbye and walked away from Sarah. Forever.

And then it is revealed that Sarah is pregnant!

Then Sarah receives a phone call from her sister. In an effort to hear her better she crosses the street, only the author leaves you thinking that Sarah gets hit by a truck!

The timeline jumps forward and back to England.  Eddie discovers that Sarah is back in England and pregnant.  After the author plays with your fears that Sarah is going to die in childbirth, they end up back together.  And Sarah and Hannah have made up.

CLICK HERE TO READ FULL REVIEW

Share your thoughts :

  1. Thanks! I wasn’t as engaged in the story as you were but I wanted to know what happened so I appreciate the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of the reviews (w/o spolers) hit the mark when saying the book is hard to get into when you first start reading. Sarah's teenage stalkerish actions/attitude is extremely disheartening for a woman of almost 40. It really does take a good long while to get to the plot twists and its easy to lose focus. I think if there had been some tidbits of info regarding upcoming plot twists throughout the first half of the story it would have been encouraging to a wearisome reader to keep going. So in order to give the book a fair shake I Googled review spoilers and based upon what I read I kept going. The spoilers led me to believe that once I got to the plot twists it would be worth my while. I just wish I had been encouraged by exciting narrative within actual book and not that of a spoiler review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I needed to know in order to continue reading. This back and forth on the timeline is a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are here. I read the book a while ago and gave it to one of my sisters who decided to read it now. My mind went blank until I found your site. Thanks for the help

    ReplyDelete