SPOILERS for The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

 




If you continue reading, you will be exposed to spoilers about the above book. Proceed with caution.


Addie's deal with the devil was to live. And she got to live, but nobody would remember her. She could not leave a mark on anything or anybody until she met Henry. 


Henry's deal with the devil was to be loved. But his time was limited and about ready to run out. Addie traded Henry's life for hers. Agreeing to be with the devil for as long as he wanted her. 


The book ended with Addie looking at the book Henry wrote about her life. She was already scheming to make the devil hate her and put her out of her misery. It has "sequel" written all over it. 

Share your thoughts :

  1. Maybe it's because I have pandemic brain, but I stalled about halfway through this book. I'd read/listened to tons of good reviews about it, but it got so repetitive (hard not to do when you can live forever, I guess.) Anyway, I intend to finish it one day but glad I read the spoiler. Loved her relationship with Henry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Heather. I made it 2/3 of the way, became impatient and began skimming chapters. Repetitive is the word I would use as well. Loved the concept however. I will read more of her work.

      Delete
  2. Book was extremely repetitive. Half way through I flipped to the last third of the book and continued the story from there - that works. This story could have been told in 200 pages instead of 448!

    ReplyDelete