SPOILERS for Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty





The smoothies included micro-doses of LSD for most of them.  And MDMA for Ben and Jessica. 

After the effects of their smoothies wear off, they discover that they have been locked in a room.  It becomes increasingly clear that Masha is off her rocker and they are in grave danger.  After more than a day, they find a clue that still doesn't reveal an escape. And then they are led to believe that the house is burning down around them.   Finally, they realize that the door has been unlocked for hours. 

Masha goes to jail and then becomes a success with her "unconventional methods". 
Ben and Jessica break up.
Tony and Frances end up together. 
Lars agrees to have a child with his husband. 
Carmel loses weight and becomes friends with her ex's new girlfriend. 
The Marconi's finally deal with the loss of Zach. 

CLICK HERE FOR FULL REVIEW



Share your thoughts :

  1. Thank you for this site! I've come here a few times when I just cannot force myself to finish a book, but still want to know how it finally ends. You're the best!! Have a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very last page - who gets married at 60? I don't understand? Zoe and Ben???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it Frances and Tony? Whose child is little zach? So confused

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Frances and Tony got married. I think the child named Zach is Zoe and Ben's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the child named Zach is Lars and Rays son

      Delete
  5. I thought the child named Zach is Zoe and Ben's as well but I wasn't sure. I thought the fact that he was holding two matchbook cars might have been a clue that he was Bens and obviously the name Zach indicates that he was Zoe's. Plus we know Ben and Zoe had been keeping in touch. I just like to assume that was their kid. And significant years had passed by the point so Zoe would have been in her late 20s/early 30s by that point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zach was the brother who committed suicide. The Marconis were there on the anniversary of his death. They always did something as a family on the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah we KNOW Zach is the brother who committed suicide. Who got married at sixty and the toddler Zach is there? That’s what we want to know. Who got married at sixty????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Tony and Frances got married and Zach is Ben and Zoe’s!! At least I hope so!!

      Delete
    2. I agree Frances and Tony got married but the toddler is Lars and Rays son in my opinion

      Delete
    3. Why would Lars and Ray name their kid Zach? Didn't think Lars had any special connection with the Marconis

      Delete
  8. I thought it was Tony and Frances that married but confused about Zach at the end

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page really helped.
    I think the person who said frances
    And tony got married is right, because she said, of course she got married.
    All the people in wedding would be tonys grandchildren. Also , makes sense ben and zoe had child named zach.
    What a good ending.
    I think whomever did not finish book will be disappointed.
    Liane moriarty never writes a less than
    Fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree I think Zach it is Lars and Ryan's son

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think Frances' relationship was as close to Lars as it was to Zoe. Therefore I think the little boy Zach is definitely Zoe and Ben's child.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It IS Francis and Tony's! Bc in chapter 77 it begins w "Reader, she didnt marry him" then chapter 79 begins with "Oh, reader, of course she married him eventually" ...which isbthe author teasing us bc the book was mostly about Francis and we don't really change much so of course Francis was bound to marry again
    .....the baby is. And i believe it was Lars' son bc sure...ben and zoe couldve gotten together but it was only Lars who mentioned the idea of having a baby with his spouse..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay Yes Frances and Tony got married its their wedding! But here's the thing Frances and Tony were in their 50's at the heath resort because they've mentioned it several times. Then it says on chapter 79 on her 60th birthday she got married . So that means it's been 10 years ! At first I thought the toddler was from Lars and Ray because Lars said he now wanted a baby but...that would have been 10 yrs ago surely they wouldn't have a toddler, they would have a child now to be between 8-10years old! Sooooo that leaves Ben and Zoe and at first i was no way can't be theirs because zoe is only 21 years old but its been 10 years so Zoe is now 31 years old and it is very likely that the toddler is hers and ben because they connected and stayed in touch, the cars in his hands because Ben loves car and The name Zach in honor of her twin brother!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! I listened to this on audiobook and her accent makes it sounds like “Rita, of course she married him. And I’m like who the heck is Rita??!” Lol. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought the same thing ShellMcGee ... came here because I was so confused about who the hell Rita was!

      Delete
    2. I thought she said Rita, too!! Now I'm going to have to listen to it again because all I could focus on was trying to figure out who the hell Rita was!

      Delete
  15. Me too! Couldn't believe I missed a character named Rita! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought it was “Rita” too! I was so confused. Thank you for clearing that up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who in the book said her favorite color was turquoise?

    ReplyDelete